Chattanooga Home and Property Rental Application and Requirements:
- Picture ID is required for all showings and applications.
- $30.00 application fee required prior to processing of rental application
- Each applicant must qualify individually unless they are married.
- Applications must be filled out completely and signed by individual or both married spouses.
- Student rental applications with no prior rental history will be required to have a cosigner.
- All applicants under 21 will be required to have a cosigner.
- Approved rental applications will hold the rental unit for 24 hours, for applicant(s) to sign lease agreement, after 24 hours we will continue to market the property for rent.
- Applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years old to enter into a lease agreement.
- Pet fees (for approved location’s only) are required at time of lease signing.
- Three years verifiable residence history from a third party landlord is required or a cosigner may be required.
- Home ownership shall be verified by submission of a tax assessor’s statement or by credit report.
- One (1) or more three-day notice (pay rent or vacate) from a past landlord will result in denial.
- Two (2) or more NSF checks in the past two years will result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting any unpaid past due rent or damage balances owed to past landlords or management will result in application denial.
- Any past unlawful detainer action or eviction will result in denial.
- Any rental history upon which previous landlord or management refuses to re-rent to applicant will result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting property damages, not paid for, will result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting past disturbance of the peace complaints may result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting pet violations will result in denial.
- Income guidelines may be waived for full time student applications or a cosigner may be required.
- Monthly gross income must equal approximately three (3) times monthly rent.
- If the monthly income does not equal approximately three (3) times the monthly rent an additional one month’s prepaid rent or qualified cosigner may be required.
- A cosigner's income should equal five (5) times monthly rent.
- Unemployed individual(s) applications will need to provide some form of verifiable income source.
- Tax returns, bank statements, paychecks, or employer confirmation are acceptable income verifiers and must be submitted with application.
- Non-married roommates are jointly and severable (individually) liable for all rents due on rental unit
- Good credit is favorable, but not required.
- The non-existence of a credit rating may result in a denial or require a lease cosigner.
- Outstanding bad debt(s) being reported on a credit history report may result in denial or require an additional month(s) prepaid rent.
- Collections on credit reports may result in denial or require an additional month(s) prepaid rent.
- Non-discharged bankruptcy(s) & Discharged bankruptcy(s) on credit report may result in denial or an additional month(s) prepaid rent. Please disclose if you have filed for any type of bankruptcy before filling out an application!
Automatic Application Denials:
- Collection efforts filed by past landlord or property management companies.
- Any past unlawful detainer action or eviction.
- Incomplete or unverifiable information on rental application.
- Discrepancies between rental application and verified information.
- Any rental history upon which previous landlord or management refuses to re-rent to applicant(s) will result in denial.